Monday, October 18, 2010

Hawaii in My Head

via
Duncan and I entered a draw to win a trip to Hawaii, and tonight we find out if we win. I have a good feeling. Like the time I kept buying coca cola products in college so I could win a bike. And I won. Then I gave the bike to my mom and it got stolen. So I guess the thief won that one actually.

Anyways, now I've got Hawaii on my mind. I've never been, and I picture it as a perfect paradise with lots of sunsets and hibiscus flowers and surfing.

via
You know what else I think there's lots of in Hawaii? SHARKS. I think some biologist or scientist (someone much smarter than me) said that in Hawaii there's basically always a shark near you. It sounds a little exaggerated perhaps, but I basically picture something like the below. Except I'm a little bigger than her.

via

I don't think it helps that I'm plump like a seal either. I hate being scared of sharks, because I actually think they're kinda cool. Poor misunderstood, murderous beasts.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you win! How fun it would be to go to Hawaii! And maybe stay out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you win.... that would be an awesome trip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We screwed up. The draw is on Wednesday. I hope we win too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never been either...fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, ok this is kind of weird actually -- i just referenced hawaii in my last blog comment (which was like, not at all relevant to the conversation, but hey, i'm kinda a weirdo), and then BAM i clicked your link and here we are!

    maybe that's just interesting to me. :P

    anyway, i've been to hawaii once. it was a magical time. i hope you get to go! i'm desperately trying to work out going back sometime next year. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well?? did you win? Hawaii is a pretty beautiful place. Wish I was sitting at the Mai Tai room right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't keep me in suspense! Did you win or not? *crosses fingers for you* Hawaii is beautiful - my parents took me when I was only 13 years old and I want to return madly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A trip to Hawaii sounds great, especially if you can get away during winter!

    ReplyDelete

Please do!